Vienna, MissouriVienna, Missouri Maries County Courthouse in Vienna Location of Vienna, Missouri Coordinates: 38°11′12″N 91°56′53″W / 38.18667, -91.94806CountryUnited StatesStateMissouriCountyMariesArea - Total 1.1 sq mi (2.7 km²) - Land 1.1 sq mi (2.7 km²) - Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km²) Elevation876 ft(267 m) Population (2000) - Total 628 - Density594.0/sq mi (229.3/km²) Time zoneCentral (CST)(UTC-6) - Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP code65582 Area code(s)573FIPS code29-76102GNISfeature ID 0728201
As of the census of 2000, there were 628 people, 257 households, and 139 families residing in the city. The population density was 594.0 people per square mile (228.7/km²). There were 297 housing units at an average density of 280.9/sq mi (108.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.73% White, 0.48% Native American, 0.16% Asian, and 0.64% from two or more races.
There were 257 households out of which 24.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.5% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 45.9% were non-families. 44.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 27.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.11 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the city the population was spread out with 20.1% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 21.8% from 25 to 44, 17.5% from 45 to 64, and 30.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 79.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 72.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $23,456, and the median income for a family was $36,250. Males had a median income of $24,722 versus $20,000 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,682. About 4.4% of families and 8.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.2% of those under age 18 and 10.4% of those age 65 or over.
- ^ a b American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved on 2008-01-31.
- ^ US Board on Geographic Names. United States Geological Survey (2007-10-25). Retrieved on 2008-01-31.
- ^ Find a County. National Association of Counties. Retrieved on 2008-01-31.
- ^ US Gazetteer files: 2000 and 1990. United States Census Bureau (2005-05-03). Retrieved on 2008-01-31.
- Vienna, Missouri is at coordinates 38°11′12″N 91°56′53″W / 38.18663, -91.948126 (Vienna, Missouri)Coordinates: 38°11′12″N 91°56′53″W / 38.18663, -91.948126 (Vienna, Missouri)
Maries County, MissouriCounty seat: Vienna Cities
Belle | ViennaVillage Unincorporated