List of counterintelligence organizations
- Main article: Counterintelligence
Counterintelligence Organizations and agencies attempt to prevent foreign intelligence organizations from successfully gathering and collecting intelligence against the governments they serve. Active counterintelligence organizations are listed first, followed by legacy counterintelligence organizations which are now defunct or were absored by a successor organization.
Active counterintelligence organizations
- Belgian State Security Service known in Dutch as Veiligheid van de Staat, or Staatsveiligheid (SV), and in French as Sûreté de l'État (SE)
- Czech Republic
- National Security Authority" (Národní bezpeènostní úøad)
- Czech Security Information Service  (BIS)
- An Garda Siochana (National Police Service); under the Deputy Commisioner for Operations are the Special Services, Security & Intelligence, Special Branch C3 Section (dealing with terrorism and subversion)
- the Netherlands
- General Intelligence and Security Service (GISS), known in Dutch as Algemene Dienst Inlichting en Veiligheid (ADIV)
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI)
- Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
- Coast Guard Investigative Service
- Counterintelligence Field Activity (CIFA)
- Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Foreign Counterintelligence Program
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS, formerly NIS)
- Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive (NCIX)
Legacy (defunct) counterintelligence organizations
- Nazi Germany
- Soviet Union and Imperial Russia
- Committee for State Security (KGB)- at various times MGB, NKVD, NVKD, OGPU, Cheka, and, under the Czars, Okhrana
- United Kingdom
- ^ Czech Intelligence Service. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Hellenic National Intelligence Service. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Nomikos, John M. (Winter 2004). Greek Intelligence Service and Post 9/11 Challenges. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ The crisis of the Hungarian intelligence services (Thursday November 8, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Ireland: Intelligence. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Public Security Investigation Agency. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Kenyan National Security Intelligence Service. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Hunt, Emily (February 6, 2006). Can al-Qaeda's Lebanese Expansion Be Stopped?. Washington Institute for Near East Policy. Retrieved on 2007-11-06.
- ^ Switzerland: Intelligence Agencies. Retrieved on 2007-11-08.
- ^ Erdoğan resists calls for northern Iraq incursion. Retrieved on 2007-11-07.
Espionage(Agent handling · Black bag operation · Concealment device · Cryptography · Cut-out · Dead drop · Eavesdropping · False flag operations · Honeypot · Non-official cover · Interrogation · Numbers messaging · One-way voice link · Steganography · Surveillance) SIGINT/Signals IntelligenceSIGINT by Alliances, Nations and Industries · SIGINT Operational Platforms by Nation · SIGINT in Modern History · TEMPEST · Direction finding · Traffic analysisMASINT/Measurement and Signature IntelligenceElectro-optical · Nuclear · Geophysical · Radar · Radiofrequency · Materials · Casualty estimation
Link former page on this page
Related word on this page