Computer GeeksComputer Geeks TypePrivate Founded 1996 in Oceanside, California Headquarters 1890 Ord Way, Oceanside 92056, CA, USA Key people Scott E. Kusel, President IndustryRetail ProductsComputer hardware, consumer electronics Employeesover 200 Websitegeeks.comand computergeeks.com
Computer Geeks is an Internet discount retailer of computer hardware, peripherals and consumer electronics to businesses, resellers and consumers. Computer Geeks focuses on purchasing manufacturers' excess inventories, closeouts and out-of-date products which allows the company to provide competitive pricing, while at the same time deliver quality service and high customer satisfaction across its different channels.
The company's website was launched in the spring of 1996 as CompGeeks.com. In 1998 Computer Geeks was able to acquire the domain names Geeks.com and ComputerGeeks.com. Computer Geeks is the companies registered trademark name, but it promotes itself as Geeks.com.
Tech Tips was designed to provide computer help, tips, or just some basic instructions on how to be a geek. It was created to give consumers the computer information needed to stay current with trends and other industry related news. Tech Tips is published every Sunday to email subscribers and also posted to the TechTipsBlog.
Geeks.com was founded in 1996 in Oceanside, California (greater San Diego area). The company is privately owned by Genica Corp. The use of multiple online marketing channels enables the company to streamline the purchasing process and effectively distribute product to their customers and contributes to the companies growth. Geeks.com is one of the fastest growing private companies in San Diego (in revenue growth) and is one of the cities top 5 computer resellers.
The Internet Retailer lists Computer Geeks among the top 200 online retailers nationwide in its 2006 issue of their "Top 500 Guide". The guide is published annually by the Internet Retailer.
- ^ Ratings and Reviews for Computer Geeks at ResellerRatings.com
- ^ Customer Ratings for Computer Geeks at Epinions.com
- ^ Liz Wiedemann (September 25, 2006), "Fastest Growing Private Companies", San Diego Business Journal, July 30, 2007, p. 20, 22. #75 on the list, available online here
- ^ Liz Wiedemann (February 12, 2007), "The Largest San Diego Computer Resellers", San Diego Business Journal, page 28, #5 available online here
- ^ Internet Retailer "Top 500 Guide" 2006, page 140, online at InternetRetailer.com