ACMATVLRA transport de troupes
ACMAT (Ateliers de Construction Mécanique de L'Atlantique)(also known as ALM-ACMAT), (and as of 22 May 2006, a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault Trucks ), is a French producer of cross-country and tactical military vehicles since 1958. Known for their reliability, simplicity, ruggedness and their 80% (over 3,500) commonality of parts across the entire product line, these vehicles were originally targeted at African and Asian countries who could not afford more expensive vehicles. The ACMAT company built their vehicles based on standardisation, commonality of parts and components, and on interchangeability (parts are interchangeable with vehicles built 30 years ago. Parts commonality includes cabs, structural components, engines and drive trains. ACMAT uses many of the same parts for all of its line of vehicles. They even produce an armored variant of both the 4x4 and 6x6 versions of the VLRA. Many French fire brigades also use ACMAT vehicles due to their lower cost and 4wd ability. Several thousand are in use by 42 countries including France and the Irish Defence Forces. ACMAT also designs, manufactures and builds trailers, shelters and generators. ACMAT has exported over 85 percent of the 10,000 plus vehicles it produced 46 different countries.
- 1 Vehicles
- 2 Variants
- 3 Options
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
VLRAVLRA TPK 4.25 Pamela carrying the Mistral Surface-to-Air Missile system
VLRA,(Véhicules de liaison, de reconnaissance et d'appui) - for reconnaissance, escort and support variant. Available in 4x4 and 6x6 versions.
Available in several sizes:
- Short Chassis: 3.3m, 3.6m, and 3.9m; 1,500kg to 2,500kg
- Long chassis: 4.2m and 4.3 m; 2,500kg to 3,500kg
- TPK 4.15 SM3 - 12 man transport
- TPK 4.15 STL - General purpose transport
- TPK 4.15 FSP - Long Range Patrol Vehicle
- TPK 4.15 LRM - Multiple rocket launcher carrier
- TPK 4.15 ASPIC - Weapons carrier
- TPK 4.15 PACF - Weapons carrier
- TTK 4.20 BL - the armored variant
- TPK 4.20 SC - 2500-litre tanker version
- TPK 4.20 PCR - Radio Command Post
- TPK 4.20 SL7 - Light recovery duty vehicle
- TPK 4.20 SM2 - Troop Carrier
- TPK 4.20 SAM - Ambulance
- TPK 4.20 VCT - Command and transmission vehicle
- TPK 4.20 VPL2 - Scout car
- TPK 4.20M ALM - cargo
- TPK 4.25 SAm - Ambulance
- TPK 4.30 BUS - 28 passenger bus (short chassis) or 34 passenger (long
- also available in a command vehicle conversion.
- TPK 4.30 SAM - Workshop
- TPK 4.35 SCM - Mechanical handling vehicle
- TPK 4.35 SM - Troop carrier
- TPK 4.35 SM2 - Truck
- TPK 4.35 VPC - Convoy protection vehicle/weapons carrier
- TPK 6.35 TSR - Semi-truck, 8t to 10t trailer towing capacity
- TPK 6.40 SB - 6000kg tipper/dump truck
- TPK 6.40 SC - 4000-litre bowser/tanker
- TPK 6.40 SG - Tar spreader
- TPK 6.40 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.40 SM2 - 6x6 troop carrier
- TPK 6.40 SWT - Recovery vehicle
- TPK 6.50 BL - The armoured variant available as an APC or armoured crew cab/cargo vehicle.
- TPK 6.50 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.60 SH - Shelter carrier
- VCT (Véhicule de Commandement et de Transmissions)
VLRB (Véhicule de Liaison et de Reconnaissance Blindé) - The all new TCM 420 BL 6 is powered by a four cylinder Cummins turbo-diesel Euro # which has 167 horsepower at 2,500 rpm. It has a five speed automatic transmission and a two speed transfer case. One can be carried in a C-160 Transall and two can be carried in a C-130 Hercules. The armored verion can be armed with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun, or a 20mm or 30mm automatic cannon.
- FCLV - Future Command and Liaison Vehicle, a British Army light wheeled armored vehicle program. Offered by Hunting Engineering in partnership with ACMAT, the FCLV was essentially a modified VLRB. The IVECO contender eventually won the bid process
The VLA(Véhicules logistiques de l'avant) is a Cab over design, available in 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 with a carrying capacity of 4,000kg to 8,000kg. It is primarily designed to carry pallets.
- WPK 4.40 SH/STL 4x4 4ton, shelter/pallet
- WPK 6.65 SH/STL 6x6 up to 15 foot Container/pallet system "Hunter"
- WPK 6.65 APL up to 20 foot containers/pallets
- WPK 8.75 SH 8x8 up to 20 foot containers
VariantsVLRA TPK 6.50 shelter carrier
ACMAT offers over 70 variants including the following: command car, commando vehicle, police vehicles, personnel carriers, cargo carriers, ambulances, mortar carrier, weapons carriers, communications vehicles, cross country bus, wireless vehicle, workshops vehicles, vehicles with cranes, fire fighting vehicles, fluid carriers(water and/or POL), Semi-trucks, multiple rocket launcher carriers, dump trucks and more.
- two or four doors
- soft or hard top
- manual or power steering
- manual or automatic transmission
- left or right hand drive
- air conditioning
- armoured or unarmoured
- NBC defence system