1000s BCMillennia: 2nd millennium BCCenturies: 12th century BC- 11th century BC- 10th century BCDecades: 1030s BC1020s BC1010s BC- 1000s BC - 990s BC980s BC970s BCYears: 1009 BC1008 BC1007 BC1006 BC1005 BC
1004 BC1003 BC1002 BC1001 BC1000 BCCategories: Births - Deaths - State leaders- Sovereign states
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1006 BC — David becomes king of the ancient Israelites (traditional date).
- 1002 BC — Death of Zhou zhao wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 1001 BC — Zhou mo wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- Earliest evidence of farming in the Kenya highlands.
- c. 1000 BC — Bronze Age ends.
- c. 1000 BC — Latins come to Italy from the Danube region.
- c. 1000 BC — Archaeological evidence obtained from inscriptions excavated in 2005 dates the Tamil language, a classical language spoken in India.
- c. 1000 BC — Assyrians started to conquer neighbouring regions.
- 1000 BC — World population: 50,000,000
- 1000 BC — Priene, Western Turkey is founded.
- c. 1000 BC — Hungarian separates from its closest linguistic relatives, the Ob-Ugric languages.
- c. 1000 BC — Saul.
- c. 1000 BC — Ancient Iranian peoples enter Persia.
- c. 1000 BC — Iron is introduced in Ancient India.
- Phoenician alphabet is invented.
- David, king of the ancient Israelites (1006 BC–965 BC)
- Zoroaster, ancient Iranian prophet (approximate date, estimates range from 1000 BC to 600 BC)
- ^ an average of figures from different sources as listed at the US Census Bureau's Historical Estimates of World Population